1. Take picture of your artwork and post it to the FAFDET Facebook page to pique interest in your drop on Friday.
2. Attach the FAFDET Congratulations note and add your contact details: Twitter handle, Facebook link, name, email. Whatever works for you.
3. Hide your piece somewhere in Detroit. As far as hiding tips, we usually tell people to stick to a fairly well-travelled place. Downtowns always seem preferable to neighborhoods because of the availability of identifying landmarks, but it really is up to the artist. Drops usually go one of two ways:
• Artists leave the piece in a fairly hidden location with an obvious clue (like a landmark in the background). This is a good way to engage the FAFDET community, though it’s unlikely anyone new would stumble upon it.
To increase the hiding possibilities, artists have placed magnets on the back, hung string, all sorts of things. Have fun with it!
5. Take a picture of your art in its hiding location.
6. Post the photo to the FAFDET Facebook page. If you’re on Twitter, tweet the photo with #FAFDET and a short description. If you’re not on either, find one of your friends who are! (Or email email@example.com)
We do want to note that there have been some challenges with artists posting their photos on the FAFDET page via their smart phones. If your smart phone fails you, you can always upload your photo to the FAFDET Facebook page from your computer!
7. Refresh the FAFDET page until you see who finds your piece!
Thank you for contributing your time and talents to helping us celebrate Detroit and its artistic community. We couldn’t do it without you!